Adventures of E and B

So now it is Adventures of E and B in Texas!

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Hello! Welcome and enjoy.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

EFMB on the DMZ, Hooah!





Above 1) Finishing the Road March. Yes, the pack is heavy. Yes, walk/running 12 miles with it sucks. I don't even like to drive 12 miles.
2) Tired but finished and happy. I'm gonna get quality time with my wife.
3) The final 7
4) My Swedish Twin? No, this is my battalion commander. My excuse for the glasses is that my normal pair broke and this is what I was forced to wear. Some how the glasses work for him. But I look like a Mexican Erkel.

Barret here now. So the last 12 days, I've been completing the Expert Field Medic Badge. It is a week of train-up and a week of testing over different aspects of combat medical care. Not Special Forces, but not easy by any stretch. We were tested on day and night land navigation. Yes, for those of y'all who have driven with me in the past, I was able to find all my points (with lots of help from my platoon). We also tested on an obstacle course with a patient on stretcher, emergency evacuation of patients on different vehicles and aircraft, decontamination during a chemical attack, weapon's qualification, emergency medical treatment, a written test, and a 12 mile road march. There were 167 soldiers who started and 7 of us who completed the course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barret,
Just when I was beginning to think I would never connect with you again, I come upon this gift.

I pray that you will respond.
God's Peace,
Paul

March 12, 2006 at 11:26:00 PM GMT-4  

Post a Comment

<< Home